Senior Social WorkerApply now
Our client a leading Children’s Disability center who provide intervention to children from the age of 0-18 years, presenting with complex developmental needs requiring inter-disciplinary intervention. Their services are based in North Dublin.
The Senior Social Worker will:
- Provide a range of social work services and work closely with the social work and interdisciplinary children’s disability team
- Liaise with the Principal Social Worker or appointed Professional Clinical Supervisor.
- Engage in the process of reconfiguration under Progressing Children’s Disability Services national policy.
- Deliver a range of professional Social Work assessments and interventions.
- Act as Deputy Designated Liaison Person.
- Engage in group work and deliver training.
- Apply theoretical frameworks and evidence informed practice in the delivery of interventions to support clients adapt to the psychosocial, practical and emotional aspects of disability.
- Provide and deliver a range of professional Social Work Assessments and Interventions e.g., casework, counselling, group work, crisis intervention, home visits, advocacy and information.
- Support clients though transition e.g. starting school, transferring to mainstream, transition to adult services.
- Seek information, supervision and guidance from the Principal Social Worker or appointed professional clinical supervisor.
- Using professional knowledge of Social Work theory and practice to plan, manage and provide an effective Social Work service to clients on their workload.
- To maintain accurate assessments reports, intervention plans, case notes and social work files as part of the interdisciplinary client file.
- A high level of clinical skill and competency relevant to the role and experience of evidence-based practice.
- Have knowledge of relevant legislation and national policy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of disability on the family.
- Ability to work with groups.
- Ability to understand complex situations and use assessment formulation, intervention and evaluation skills and decide the best course of action drawing on the most recent clinical evidence.
- Flexibility in dealing with change.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Awareness of when to seek support from the Principal Social Worker.