Senior Grade – PsychologistApply now
Role Senior Grade – Psychologist
Duration of Post Permanent
Location Dublin South, Kildare and West Wicklow (CHO7)
The Children’s Disability Network Team Lead Agencies incorporating CRC, Enable Ireland, the HSE, Kare and Stewarts Care have joined together as a Consortium for the CHO7 area to recruit for a number of Healthcare Professionals.
Children’s Disability Network Teams are inter-disciplinary teams of Healthcare Professionals who work with children and young people (0-18 years) with complex needs, providing a Family Centred service as close to the child/young person’s home as possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement plans for psychological therapeutic intervention or management based on an appropriate conceptual framework, working in home and clinical settings as appropriate.
- To undertake assessment, therapy, appropriate interventions, and preventative programmes in accordance with the professional competence of clinical psychologists.
- To provide professional reports and information to other professional staff and such other reports as appropriate.
- To undertake research in clinical psychology and to co- operate in research and evaluation programmes as appropriate.
- Provide clinical supervision to staff grade Psychologists and student psychologists
Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a minimum QQI Level 8 qualification in Psychology AND
- Have an Irish post-graduate qualification accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland in clinical, counselling or educational psychology or an equivalent qualification validated by the Department of Health.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical psychology inclusive of time spent in pursuing a course leading to the postgraduate qualification and a member of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Experience of working with children with complex needs.
- Qualifications for this position obtained outside of the Republic of Ireland must be validated at the time of application. Application for this post must be inclusive of letter of validation.
- Flexible working hours