Occupational TherapistApply now
- To provide a quality, evidence -based Occupational Therapy service to children and young adults with primary intellectual disabilities, psycho-social, sensory and physical impairments in consultation with their families, carers and staff.
- To provide an occupational therapy service including assessment, intervention, programme planning, monitoring, consultation and/or onward referral services, as appropriate.
- To prioritise together with the Manager in order to optimise the quality, efficacy and equity of the service provided.
- To manage a big clinical caseload, exercising advanced clinical reasoning, in making autonomous decisions and judgements on a daily basis. This involves acting within clinical knowledge base, to prioritise (in consultation with your Manager), to implement assessment, diagnostic formulation; care planning, intervention and discharge.
- To assess and recommend appropriate occupational therapy programs, environmental adaptations, activities, skill development and adaptive aids taking into account person centred needs, staff/carer needs, environment and available resources.
- To communicate with each department in a professional manner and comply with company regulations
- Hold an Occupational therapy qualification recognised by the Occupational Therapy Registration Board at CORU.
- 3 years of experience working with children/young adults with disabilities (Desirable)